Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Watercolor Resist with Crayons






After watching a YouTube video about watercolor resist techniques, I was inspired to use some of what I learned in my journal today.   I was also inspired by a great lettering video by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I began this page by writing my name in mixed letters (found in the middle photo).  I then used a variety of Sakura pens (Moonlights, stardust, souffle, micron) to trace and color each letter.  If you watch the lettering video, you will notice that you can take a water brush to your Stardust pens to blend them.  This needs to be done quickly before the ink dries. I completed my name, drew the bird, stamped the cat,  and found my trusty white crayon... I have always wondered why they even make a white crayon, but now I know :)... I used the crayon to draw designs on the edges of my pages.  I tilted my paper in the light so I could see what I was drawing.  I then grabbed my Koi watercolor set and mixed up blue and green on my palette.  I painted over the crayon in a sloppy manner with blue, then filled in the rest with green.  After my paint dried, I hand wrote my favorite quote and  browsed some magazines for clippings of things I like.  I then decided to cut out each letter of my name and write an adjective for each letter.  The words I chose are words that I feel describe me.  There you have it.... my journal pages for the day!  I hope you enjoy them... maybe you are inspired to do some resist techniques yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment