Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Saturday, June 23, 2012

I have one Happy Kat :)






My first acrylic portrait... I know it's of an animal, but I am still proud!  Happy Kat, that is her name, came into my life September 2, 2009.  My hubby gave her to me as an anniversary gift and it was love at first sight.  Even though I have 2 mastiffs and 1 other cat, Happy is MY baby.  We have a special connection, so I thought it would be great to allow her to be a muse for my daily journal pages. Especially since she killed a lizard that had entered my house this week :).  My favorite photo of her is above and is very dear to my heart.  Feeling a little brave I decided to try to paint her in my journal.

I drew the outline of her shape using a Sakura Pigma Micron pen because it is waterproof.  I then mixed a various shade of gray on my palette and began painting, using the photo as a reference.  After she was finished, I mixed 1 part black acrylic paint with 1 part water.  I added a small drop of glitter paint to the mix and stirred until I had watercolor consistency (adding paint or water until I was satisfied).  I also did this with my lightest gray color.  I painted the light around Happy and the black color all over the rest of my pages.  I hit this with the hair dryer for a minute so It would dry quickly.

Once dry, I used a swirl template that I had previously made using poster board, my cricut expression, and my Wild Card cartridge to make the white swirlies on the background.  I colored them with a white Souffle pen because I like the raised ink.  Then I used a #1 Graphic Pigma Pen to write about Happy Kat on the left hand page.

I really enjoyed making this page..... and as I created Happy laid beside me and watched.  If you have any questions about technique, please comment below.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment