Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Watercolor Fascination








Among many other things, watercolor has become one of my recent fascinations. I was inspired by my Sakura Koi watercolor set.  This set is truly exquisite in that it is very portable, contains a water brush, a nice palette, sponges, and beautiful, deeply pigmented colors.  I was so moved by wanting to use this kit that I began researching watercolor techniques on the Internet.  I stumbled upon a nice site with plenty of tutorials and tips.  I found the info on this site to be really helpful and decided to jump in.  So I grabbed an apple out of my fridge and set it on a table by the window.  The picture on the to is the result.  Later I decided to tackle more.... resulting in the picture on the bottom.
I have always struggled with watercolor.  After reading tips on this site I found my problem..... I didn’t know that you could watercolor in layers.  The texture found in my fruit was captured through layering paint.  Starting with the lightest colors and letting each layer dry before beginning the next.    I was pretty impressed with my first watercolors...  you see everything I do with art has been self-taught through research on the Internet.  Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity of having a great art teacher.  Hopefully seeing that I can teach myself, will inspire you to bring out your inner artist!  


No comments:

Post a Comment