Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What I Love About Me





Today's journal was inspired by some lovely scrapbook paper that I had purchased several years ago to make a scrapbook for my step-daughter's birthday.  I started by tearing strips of this paper and gluing it randomly on my page.  Then I mixed up some acrylics to match (without adding water) and used some very course brushes to apply it to the pages.  I used very little paint and basically scrubbed it onto the page.

Next I flipped through a few old magazines and found a lady with clothing that matched my colors.  I glued her down and used white acrylic to paint wings on her back.  I shaded around her and her wings with a charcoal pencil and blended it with my finger.  When flipping through the magazines I found the words: "what I love about me" and thought it was a great opportunity to jot down a few positive things about myself.  Often, as a women, I focus only the negatives.  I painted a small sheet of paper using colors that I had previously mixed and used an ink pad to distress the edges.  I journaled my thoughts and glued it down.

When I was gluing I remembered that I had a few matching stickers in my sticker portfolio so I dug them out and placed a few on my pages.  Then I used a stencil I made with the Cricut to place a few white fleur de lis on the page.  I hit them with the charcoal pencil and blended.  That's pretty much it.  I hope you enjoy.

My blog is fairly new and I very impressed with the number of visits so far.... However, not a lot of comments have been left.  SO here's the challenge.... LEAVE A COMMENT!!!  Do you like my blog?  Do you enjoy my pages?  Have you been inspired to create any art of your own?  Where are you from?  How long have you been journaling?  Do you have any art/ pages you would like to share? ANYTHING.... I am dying for some socialization :)  I hope to see what you post!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment