Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Monday, June 25, 2012

Supplies I Want... like yesterday :)




After a long weekend of browsing art journal blogs, videos, and surfing Blick Art Supplies I decided to do an entry about the supplies I am lusting after.  Over the years I have collected a ton of supplies and I would hate to know how much money I have wrapped up in it.  However, I hadn't really taken my art as seriously as I do now.  So the supplies I have collected are not all top quality... especially my acrylics.  Anyway, these are my top priorities for near future purchases.  Of course, these are not the only supplies I want... I am a junkie.  I have been addicted to art supplies my entire life.  :)

To begin these pages, I gave them a quick coat of black acrylic paint.  I misted a little water into it to make it nice and smooth.  While it was drying, I went through the Blick Catalog and cut out my desires.  It took me a while to narrow down my list to things I want the most.  

After all my cuts, I put some neon pink acrylic on the right page and scraped it with a credit card.  I just wanted to add a small block of color.  Then I used my finger to create the flower at the top of the left page.  I hit this with the dryer to prevent smears and outlined the finger flower with white paint just to embellish it a bit.

Next I tore some paper with bright pink color and moved it around until I found a layout that satisfied me.  Then I fooled around with the clippings until I was satisfied and glued them down using an adhesive runner making sure that I left a spot to title my page.  

I pulled out the trusty Moonlight gelly rolls and doodled my title, mixing in a few letter clippings from an old magazine, and some left over chipboard letters.  I added a few patterns to the word supplies and viola... done.  

Of course I had to go to the Blick site and add these to my wish list.  Not only is Blick the cheapest place I have found to buy supplies, but it provides an easy way to create lists.  I also appreciate that the site gives you a total for your list, excluding shipping.  I copied the total onto the strip of paper on the right hand page and journal: "It looks like I will be saving for a while".  Hopefully, I will hit the lottery soon and I won't have to save... I can just get what I want :)  Thanks again for reading my blog.... Hope to see some comments with reviews about these products or your wish lists... Happy Monday to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment