Definition of Artist

art·ist noun \ˈär-tist\



Definition of ARTIST

1

a obsolete : one skilled or versed in learned arts


b archaic : physician


c archaic : artisan 1

2

a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art


b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts

3

: a skilled performer; especially : artiste

4

: one who is adept at something artist> artist>


Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm Back..

Sorry that it has been a few days.... I have not been feeling the best.  I have still been creating, but my shoulder has bothered me a lot the past couple of days and working on the computer makes it worse.

One of my biggest art weaknesses is drawing people.  I have tried my entire life and have never been successful.  I made some journal pages about things I want to learn and it was number one on my list.  So the last couple days I have devoted my creative time to drawing faces.  I started out using magazine ads and tracing paper, just so I could get the flow of the lines.

Today I graduated... to using no tracing paper.  And this is what I have:




OK... So I completely know that they are not masterpieces in anyway, but I am extremely proud of them!  I am getting WAY better.  My previous face drawings were horrid.  I am the most proud of the last one... I feel that it is the best one.

I am also really proud of myself for stepping out of the box, taking a risk, allowing myself to fail, and working through it.  This was a big step for me.  I am a typical Virgo, a perfectionist, who cannot stand for anything I create/do be less than perfect.  Not because I worry about what others will think, but because I am my biggest critic.  It has to be perfect to me... I could care less if anyone else likes it.

Long story short, the time I devoted to practicing was well spent.  I had to fail and fail a lot.  I had to work through the pieces that I wanted to crumble.  I had to erase and erase some more.  But in the end, I grew.  Not only as an artist, but as a person.  What is something that you need to work on?  Is there 1 thing that you have never been able to create?  Have you taken the time to work at it?

Two of the faces I drew above were inspired by ads of 2 very famous celebrities... by any chance can you guess who???? Let's see if I drew them well enough for you to identify who they are :)... If you can't, my feelings will not be hurt at all.  This is all in good fun.  Until then, I am going to keep working at drawing faces, and I hope that you have been inspired to work through something you struggle with. Glad to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment